Tell the Foreign Ministry you’re coming

According to Kyrgyz law, anyone who intends to shoot on the country’s territory must apply for the accreditation of the Foreign Ministry. This applies not only to news agencies, but also to those shooting feature films, documentaries and to still photographers.

To get the accreditation, you will need to provide the following information in written form on the production company’s letterhead:

  1. The synopsis of the upcoming project including broadcasting details (where applicable);
  2. Short biographies of all crew members;
  3. Passport ID page scans of all crew members;
  4. Passport-size ID photo of all crew members.

The procedure is free of charge and generally takes four working weeks. However, exceptions can be made for emergency cases. Please do not hesitate to contact us on the issue.